Frequently Asked Questions
Sunday 26th, May
***WE ARE THE ORIGINAL BALDOYLE SKIP HIRE***
Never hired a skip before? This should answer all your questions. If not, then give us a call on 0868283155
- Do I need permission from the local authority when hiring a skip?
Not if the skip is going to be placed in a residental driveway, however if you are putting the skip on a public area you will need to get permission from your local authority.
- How do I know what size skip I will need?
You can call us for advice or refer to our size and price guide.
- Can you put the Skip in my driveway? Please remember that it is possible that damage could occur to ground around the skip location, both from the skip itself, and the stabilising jack legs used when lifting heavy skips. This is most likely on tarmac or cobble-lock areas. If you are unsure if any possible damage may occur, please ask the driver. Bear in mind that if a Skip is requested on private property we cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur. (Please remember this is extremly rare as our drivers are trained to the highest of standards.
- Where can the skip be left and what if room is tight?
We will leave your skip in the most convenient location which might be the driveway or the road. We have a small truck that fits into most driveways. They can also be at business, office and factory locations.
- Do you offer a waste disposal service for builders and contractors?
Yes we do as we are a licenced and Registered Waste Carrier company.
- What if I cannot get a skip licence?
If your council refuses a licence - which is rare - we can come along with a skip and our driver will wait while you load it up.
- How long can I keep the skip for?
Normal Hire period is 3 days but extended hire is available on request to a maximum of 1 week with no extra charge.
- How much can I put in the skip?
You must not load the skip to a level higher than 12 inches over the top.
- Is there anything I cannot put into a skip?
Asbestos, batteries, tyres, fridges and freezers, paint, oils, compressed gas cannisters or anything electrical are not allowed to be loaded onto the skip. Items such as these are to be brought to your local Council Recycling premisses.
- What method of payment can be used? The driver will accept a cheque or cash on delivery of your skip. If this is not convenient you can pay for your skip online.